MONASTERY ENTRANCE WITH LATE GOTHIC GATE TOWER
The 15th-century gate tower is located to the southwest. On the side facing the interior courtyard, its high, round-arched entrance points toward the pointed gate arch of the old fortification. In 1751, a baroque roof structure over the gate tower replaced an older, steep roof. On the side facing the city, the notch for the former drawbridge is still visible. The half-timber structure to the south of the gate is from 1600 and replaced an earlier gatekeeper's booth.