The creation of the Fountain House
The Fountain House is located in the north wing, opposite the Monks' Refectory. It was initially built in the 13th century in a circular shape that reached chest height. Between 1340 and 1350, five tracery windows were added along with the ceiling vaults. The half-timbered structure dates back to circa 1611 and probably followed plans by Swabian master builder Heinrich Schickhardt.