The development of the Fountain House
The Fountain House is located in the north wing, opposite the monks' refectory. It was initially built in the 13th century in a circular shape that reached chest height. Between circa 1340 and 1350, five tracery windows were added along with the ceiling vaults. The half-timbered structure dated back to circa 1611, probably according to plans by Swabian master builder Heinrich Schickhardt.